Emergency Cardiovascular Care Update Conference
PulsePoint Grant Competition at ECCU 2017
PulsePoint Foundation and the Citizen CPR Foundation join forces to bring a first-of-its-kind grant competition to the Emergency Cardiovascular Care Update (ECCU) Conference in New Orleans, December 5-8, 2017.
The grant includes a complete PulsePoint Respond implementation, including first year costs (valued at over $20,000), to be awarded to a community that demonstrates commitment to improving care and outcomes consistent with the mission of the Citizen CPR Foundation. The award-winning PulsePoint mobile app, now in more than 2,200 communities nationwide, alerts CPR-trained citizens of cardiac events in their vicinity so they may administer aid, and informs responders and emergency dispatchers of nearby Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs).
Interested communities and representatives are encouraged to learn more and submit an entry. Three finalist communities will be selected in advance of the ECCU Conference and invited to present their entries during the plenary session at ECCU 2017 entitled: Innovation and Resuscitation - Leveraging Digital Strategies to Improve Survival Rates from SCA. Judges will interact with the finalists on stage to review the merits of their entries and ultimately will present the award to the community that scores highest. This is an extraordinary opportunity for public safety agencies to acquire the latest technology to improve cardiac arrest outcomes with a minimal initial investment.
Submissions will be judged using the criteria below. Applications are due by September 1, 2017.
General Judging Criteria
- Demonstration of a strong commitment to the Chain of Survival.
- Leadership commitment to implement PulsePoint.
- Identification and introduction of a PulsePoint project lead.
- Demonstration of broad stakeholder backing including key letters of support.
- Readiness to implement within a reasonable timeframe after award.
- Evidence of success with other community-wide programs of similar scope.
- Overview of community outreach planned to encourage adoption and use.
- Acknowledgement of technical requirements for use of PulsePoint.
- Willingness to continue PulsePoint beyond initial award period.
Download complete contest rules and grant application here.